If you are using your computer and the Focus Assists keeps turning on, it must be annoying and you may be finding a way to get rid of this problem. Well, you are not alone in who is facing the problem. Many Windows all over the world have reported the same issue that their Focus assists keep turning on even after turning it off manually. So, don’t worry because we have some easy and effective solutions to this problem which are used by many users to fix it.
What are the Issues with the Windows Focus Assists Feature?
Windows Focus Assist is a helpful tool that allows you to get notified if you get a message or have any task to do. Besides being a helpful tool, it is annoying also because of having a lot of problems with it.
Many users have reported that the Focus Assist keeps turning on automatically. It sends a notification on the Notification tray and after clicking on it, it shows no notification. Some of them are not able to turn Focus Assist off. A huge number of people are facing the same problem because it is the Focus Assist itself is the culprit. The users can’t get rid of this problem even after removing this feature or changing to a new profile. But don’t worry we have some effective solution for you that will surely turn off Focus Assist permanently.
The solution to ‘Focus Assist Keeps Turning On’ in Windows 10/11
Here are some fixes that will flawlessly solve the Focus Assist keeps turning on issue. Implement these methods in order to get rid of this problem.
Method-1: Disable Windows Focus Assist for Full-Screen Apps
Here are the steps to disable the focus assist for full-screen apps:
- Open Settings by pressing Windows + I key simultaneously.
- Then, go to the System from the list.
- Next, find the Focus Assist from the left menu of the system settings.
- Now, toggle Off the option – When I’m using an app in full-screen mode.
Now close the settings page and wait to see if the focus assist is still sending you notifications or not. If it still sends you the annoying notification, then try disabling the focus assist on your computer.
Method-2: Disable Windows Focus Assist
Precaution: This method will work for Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise users only.
Let’s disable the focus assist using the Local Group Policy by following steps:
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing and holding Windows + R key simultaneously.
- Then, type “gpedit.msc” and click OK.
- It will take you to the Group Policy Editor. Here, navigate to –
User configuration –> Administrative Templates –> Start Menu and Taskbar –> Notifications.
- Now, double-click on the ‘Turn off Quiet Hours’ policy to edit it.
- Set it Enable then click Apply and OK to save the settings.
After closing the Group Policy Editor, check if the issue remains or not. If it still sends you the notification, then follow the next method to fix it.
Method-3: Customize the Time & Date Settings
The Focus assist can send notifications randomly even after disabling it due to a glitch in the system date and time. You need to adjust the date if it is wrong to solve the bug with the focus assists. Follow the steps below and check your date & time easily to fix the focus assist issue.
Step-1: Manually Adjust Time and Date
- Open Settings and go to Time & Language settings.
- Now, toggle Off the options Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically to adjust time and time zone manually.
- Then, below the Set the date and time manually, click on the Change button.
- Now, set the correct Date and Time according to your local time and click on Change to save the settings.
- Then, scroll down to the Time Zone Settings and select your Time zone.
After completing this step, follow the next step to adjust your time server and fix the issue with the focus assist.
Step-2: Adjust The Time Server
- Launch the Run dialogue box by pressing and holding Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type timedate.cpl in the Run command and click OK.
- Then, open the Internet Time tab from the Date and Time window.
- After that, click on Change settings, and inside the window that appeared, tick the box of Synchronize with an Internet time server.
- Then, from the dropdown list of Server, select time.windows.com.
- Now, click on Update Now and then save the settings by clicking the OK button.
- Finally, click Apply and OK on the Date and Time settings windows.
Now check for the focus assistant notification issue. Hopefully, the issue will be solved this time.
Method-4: Create A New Administrator Account On Your Computer
You have to create a new user account to get rid of the notification of focus assist. Here are the instructions to create a new user account as an administrator:
- Go to the Windows Search bar by pressing Windows + S keys simultaneously and type cmd in the search box.
- Then, right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type this command to create a new administrator account –
net localgroup Administrators <username> /add
NOTE: You can use your preferred name instead of “<username>”. For example, net localgroup Administrators Ruknin /add
- After creating the account successfully, sign out of your account and sign in to the new account.
- Now, disable the Focus Assist in this new account and check for the remaining issue.
Method-5: Disable In-Game Overlay
According to some users, the focus assist can turn on automatically because of NVIDIA in-game overlay feature. So, turning it off will solve this problem in this case. Follow the instructions to turn off the in-game overlay:
- Go to the Windows Search bar by pressing Windows + S keys simultaneously and type GeForce Experience in the search box to open the app.
- In the GeForce Experience window, open the tab names, General.
- Then, toggle Off the IN-GAME OVERLAY option.
- Now, close the GeForce Experience and check if the issue is existing or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Turn Off Focus Assist in Windows 11/10?
For Windows 11:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on the Focus Assist from the right side of the page.
- Select the Focus Assist Settings.
- Select the mode Disable to turn off the Focus Assist.
For Windows 10:
- Open Settings by pressing Win + I key simultaneously.
- Click on System Settings.
- Click on the Focus Assist from the left menu bar.
- Toggle the When I’m using an app in full-screen mode ‘Off’ to disable the Focus Assist.
How Do I Turn Off ‘Do Not Disturb’ Mode On Windows 10?
- Find the Action Center icon on the taskbar notification area and right-click on it.
- Turn off the Quiet Hours from the option are.
You can turn on the Quiet Hours to activate the Do Not Disturb mode.
The methods which are described in this article are according to the success rate of fixing focus assist automatic turning on issues that the Windows users have faced. So, it is to be hoped that you can fix this issue by following these methods. If you are still facing the problem after implementing all the methods to your computer, then try updating your windows. Because sometimes it happens because of a bug in the Windows and only updating the Windows can fix this bug.
Don’t forget to share with us from which method you will have fixed this issue in our comment box below.