It happens to many Windows users that they accidentally remove the Date from the taskbar.
If you are facing the same issue with your computer, and can’t find the date below the time on your taskbar then don’t worry we are here to guide you to fix this issue. Let’s follow the guide thoroughly.
Some Facts About Date in Taskbar
When the taskbar is in the horizontal position on your screen, and you are using the small icon, then you will be only able to see the time. However, if you switch to the big icon, then you will be able to see both time and date on your taskbar.
On the other hand, the taskbar in the vertical position always shows both time and date.
So, if you are using a horizontal taskbar, then you are recommended to switch to the big icon from the small icon feature. But if you are using a vertical taskbar and still unable to see the date on it, then apply the solutions that are given below in this article.
Methods to ‘Show Date in Taskbar Windows 10’ and Show Time on the Taskbar at the Same Time
There are several ways to fix the date disappear from the taskbar issue, but here are the two best and easiest methods to show the date and time both on the taskbar at the same time. You can choose any of these two methods to fix this issue on your computer.
Method-1: Show Date on Taskbar Using Settings
- Right-click on the taskbar and click on the Taskbar settings option from the list.
- Inside the taskbar settings window, toggle off the ‘Lock the taskbar‘ feature.
- Now, move your cursor to the edge of the taskbar and when your cursor will be changed into a Vertical resize pointer, drag the taskbar upward.
- Now, check if you can see the date below the time on your taskbar. If not, then follow the further instructions.
If that failed to show the date –
- Go back to the Taskbar settings page and scroll down.
- Then, click on Turn system icons on or off underneath the Notification area.
- Now, toggle on the Clock from the list of system icons.
If this doesn’t work for you, then there are some faults in your system settings that need to be fixed to show the date on the taskbar. Follow the next method to solve that.
Method-2: Show Date on Taskbar Using Registry Editor
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows key + R simultaneously.
- Then, type Regedit in it and hit the Enter button.
- Now, copy the address below and paste it to the address bar of the Registry Editor window, and then hit Enter.
- Then, find and double-click on sShordDate and add ddd, before the Value data as in the screenshot below:
- Now, click OK and restart your computer.
After your computer is turned on, you will be able to see the date, time, and weekday in your taskbar.
Bonus Tip: Customize the format of the Date and time
- Press the Windows key and type Control.
- You will find Control Panel and open it.
- Navigate to Clock and Region > Region
- Now, expand the dropdown list of short dates and select your preferred format.
- Now, click Apply and OK to save the settings.
- You can also customize your time format in the same way as the ‘short time’ option.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Put a Calendar on My Desktop?
If you want to put a small calendar on your desktop, then you have to get a widget for the calendar. First, go to the Microsoft Store and search Widget Launcher. Then download a widget Launcher and after completing the installation process, run the widget and select calendar. That’s how you can put a calendar on your desktop.
How Do I Display the Clock on My Phone’s Home Screen?
There is an internal widget on every phone so you don’t need to download the widget manually to display the clock on your home screen.
Touch and hold on an empty space on your home screen and then tap on the widget from the following screen. Then, touch and hold the clock and put it in your preferable place on the home screen.
If the clock doesn’t come on your home screen, then try to move apps on a corner by touching and holding them and make a space where the clock can fit. Then apply the same process again to put the clock widget on your home screen.
How Do I Customize Date and Time on My Computer?
You can customize the date and time on your computer by following steps:
- Right-click on the time on the taskbar and click on Adjust date/time.
- Then, toggle off the Set time automatically option.
- After that, click on the Change button below and Set the date and time manually.
- Finally, customize the date time and click Change to save the changes.
How Do I Add Day to My Taskbar?
This is a very frequent question asked by many Windows users. We already have mentioned above how you can add weekday on your taskbar using the Registry editor. Here is the brief instruction to add a day to your taskbar:
- Open Registry Editor and navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International.
- Find sShortDate and double-click it.
- Change the value to – ddd, M/d/yyyy.
- Click OK and the day will appear on your taskbar.
How Do I Remove Date and Time from My Taskbar?
You can easily stop the date and time displayed on your taskbar. Here is the instruction:
- Right-click on your taskbar and choose Taskbar settings.
- Then on the following window, scroll down and click the Turn system icon on or off.
- Toggle off Clock and close the window.
We hope this guide helped you to show the date on your taskbar and now you are able to customize your taskbar according to your choice.
If you have any further queries or recommendations, feel free to tell us in the comment section below.