Are you seeing an error that your computer shows no input device found even after you have plugged your microphone in it? If yes, then you are not alone and you can fix this issue using some simple methods that are given in this article.
Why Are You Seeing No Input Device Found After Connecting Microphone to Your Computer?
Windows has many bugs and it launches updates to fix issues with it. However, new bugs still pop-up. For example, your computer may unable to detect your mic even if you connect it to the computer correctly.
The most common reasons in this case are:
- Damaged or non-working port or problem with your microphone jack.
- Outdated or deleted audio driver.
- Disabled Microphone on your computer.
As this is a common case for most Windows users, there are some effective solutions to fix this problem too. You can find these solutions below in this article.
How to Fix No Input Device Found for Microphone in Windows 10?
Whatever the reason is, you have to proceed step by step to fix the problem. This is applicable for the no input device found for your microphone issue also. Here are some solutions described below to help you get rid of this problem:
Method-1: Check The Port and The Connection
Before going any further troubleshooting, it is wise to inspect the microphone and the computer’s port to ensure the problem is not caused by these. Check the followings:
- First, check the wire of your microphone and ensure it is not damaged. Check if there are any faults at the beginning of the jack.
- Second, Check the volume button on your microphone and ensure it is not muted.
- Third, connect your microphone to other devices to ensure your microphone is working fine.
- Fourth, plug other devices on your computer to check if the port is working fine or not.
If all the test passes, then follow the next method below.
Method-2: Disconnect Other Devices from Your Computer
Sometimes other connected device interferes detecting the newly connected device. So, if multiple external devices are attached to your computer, then your computer may have problem detecting your microphone and will say no input device found.
Unplug other devices, restart your computer and then connect your microphone to it and check if it is working or not. If this still doesn’t fic the issue, then no need to be upset, just follow the next method.
Method-3: Check The Privacy Settings
After checking the connections, the first thing you should check is the privacy settings of your computer. Follow the instruction and make sure the privacy settings are same as given below:
- Press the Windows key and I key simultaneously to open the Settings.
- Then, click on Privacy.
- After that select Microphone from the left panel.
- Then in the right pane, click on the Change button to ensure the Microphone access for this device is toggled On.
- Also ensure that, the ‘Allow apps to access your microphone’ below is toggled On.
- Now, scroll down and make sure all your necessary apps can access the microphone under the Choose which apps can access your microphone section.
After finishing this process, check if the no input devices found the issue is fixed or not.
Method-4: Make Your Microphone as Default Recording Device
If your PC uses an internal mic or other devices as the default recording device, then it may not detect your microphone and may show an error that says no input device found. You need to set your microphone as the default audio device in this case. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to the Settings on your computer.
- Then, click on System from the list.
- After that, choose Sound in the left menu bar.
- Now, expand the dropdown list of Input and select your microphone.
Method-5: Enable Your Microphone
If your Microphone is disabled on your computer, then you will not find the device even after connecting it to your computer. So, let’s check if your microphone is enabled or not:
- Press Windows key + I simultaneously to open the Settings app.
- Then, navigate to System > Sound and click on Manage sound devices under the Troubleshoot button.
- Under Input devices, locate your microphone and click on it.
- If it is disabled, then click on the Enable button.
Method-6: Update or Rollback the Audio Drivers
If your driver is outdated, then you need to update your driver to fix the no-input device that found issue. On the other side, if you are facing a problem detecting your microphone after updating the sound driver, you have to roll back to the previous version of your microphone’s driver to fix this issue.
Both processes is given below you can choose according to your situation.
- Press Win key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
- Then, expand Audio inputs and outputs and right-click on your microphone’s driver.
- Then click Update and select Search automatically for driver option.
- It will find the suitable update and no input device found error may have solved.
Roll back Driver
- Right-click on the Microphone’s driver and chose Properties this time.
- Go to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
If the roll back doesn’t fix the issue, then you can run the troubleshooter.
Method-7: Run Audio Troubleshooter
If you are seeing no input device found because of your computer’s system problem, then a troubleshooter can help you get rid of this problem. To fix this issue using a troubleshooter you can follow the given instructions:
- Right-click on the volume icon on the down-right of your screen and click on Troubleshoot sound problems.
- Then follow the further process of the troubleshooter by clicking next button.
It will automatically detect and fix the problem. So you don’t have to take any hassle in this process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Reset My Input Devices?
If you have any problem with your input device that are causing errors on your computer, you can simply reset your input devices within a few steps. The steps are:
- Open the Control Panel app.
- Navigate to Hardware and Sound > Sound.
- Click on the Recording tab from the Sound dialogue box.
- Right-click on your desired input device and go to its’s properties.
- Now, go to the advanced tab and click on the Restore Defaults button.
How DO I Increase My Microphone Volume?
You can increase your mic volume in two ways. Both methods are simple.
Navigate to Settings > System > Sound > choose mic > Device Properties and use the slider to increase mic volume.
Navigate to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Recording tab and use the slider to increase the volume. You can also enter a higher number in the text box to change the volume.
How to Enable Microphone on an Android Phone?
- Navigate to Settings > Privacy > App Permissions > Microphone.
- Toggle the apps you want to enable your microphone to the green switch. If you can’t find the exact app, then you can toggle on to all apps.
How Do I Set Up a Microphone On My Computer?
After connecting a microphone on your computer, you can easily set this up according to your choice by following steps:
- Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar which is in the down-right corner of your screen.
- Then, click on the Sounds option.
- In the sound dialogue box, go to the Recording tab.
- Then, select your microphone from the list and click on the Configure button.
- On the Speech recognition screen, click on Set up microphone.
- Choose the type of your microphone and click next twice.
There you can set up your microphone on your computer.
Does My Computer Have a Built-In Microphone?
You can easily check whether your computer have a built-in microphone or not within a few steps.
- Press Windows logo key + I key simultaneously and it will open the WinX menu.
- Then find and click on the Device Manager from the list.
- Expand the Audio inputs and outputs and there if you see a microphone’s driver without connecting any external device, then you can assume that your computer has internal microphone.
Again, you can see your internal driver by following steps:
- Right-click on the volume icon on the right side of your taskbar and click on the Sound option.
- Then, go to the Recording tab and you will able to see your built-in microphone there.
Hopefully, the solutions in the list above will able to fix no input device found issue. If none of these methods work for you, then you can try updating your OS.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any further questions and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.